Happy Sunday! It has been a while since I’ve posted a new recipe, but today I’m back at it with this refreshing Summer Chicken Salad! I made this recipe at least 3 times last summer – it was a perfect prep ahead lunch for a day out on the river or at the pool. Serve it up classic style on a croissant or grab a pita, wrap, or even just regular sandwich bread. When I used it for meal prep, I served those thin crispy pretzels and leftover grapes along side. Yum!
Things have been quiet over here at PBF lately, but at PBFHQ (aka my house) it’s been anything but! I’ve been in my new place for just over a month and still having some unpacking left to do. Most of my stuff has found a home at this point, but my living room is still kind of in shambles because I can’t make up my mind about what to do with my couches.
I’ve also been keeping super busy with yard and garden work! I’m so excited to finally have a backyard after going 10 years without…you could say I’m borderline obsessed. I’ve been spending a lot of time out there working on little projects and planting fun stuff. I’m hoping to take some pictures soon to share on IG 😉
Until then, enjoy chowing down on this Summer Chicken Salad!
If I’m meal prepping this recipe, I usually serve it with grapes and crackers, though pitas or mini-bagels would work great too!
Here are some items I used to make this recipe a success. Note: these are Amazon Affiliate links.
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, bones and skin removed, (500 grams)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved, (165 grams)
- 1/2 cup Duke's Light Mayonaisse, (120 grams)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped, (70 grams)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp sweet relish, (45 grams)
- 1 1/3 tbsp course ground dijon mustard, (20 grams)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp Oh My Spice! Lemon Pepper Dill Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until evenly coated.