Happy Friday, friends! How is everyone doing on lockdown? Still staying sane? It’s a struggle over here, but I have to keep reminding myself that I’m lucky to be healthy and working, and that this too shall pass. And on that note, let’s celebrate with a little cocktail Friday, yes?! This week I took a classic up a notch with this blushing pink Grapefruit Gin and Tonic. What really ups the game here is the addition of fresh rosemary sprigs and juniper berries – their aromatics stimulate your sense of smell and play nicely with the herbaceous-ness of the gin. Skip the juniper berries if you must, but please don’t skip the rosemary!
- 3 oz gin
- 3 oz fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 6 oz Zevia Tonic Water
- 2 grapefruit wedges, (highly recommended)
- 2 sprigs rosemary, (highly recommended)
- 1/2 tbsp juniper berries
- Add ice to 2 glasses (lowball or highball). Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Garnish with juniper berries and grapefruit wedges. Smack rosemary sprigs between your hands and add to glasses before serving – this helps release some of the oils so your nose will pick up the aroma as you sip.
For my macro trackers out there, I wasn’t able to create a My Fitness Pal barcode for this recipe since I would have had to decide for you whether to put the alcohol calories in as carbs or fats – that’s up to you! The 5 carbs listed here are just for the grapefruit juice. For my non-macro trackers, here’s more info on what I’m talking about.