Two new recipes in one week? That’s right, folks, this Easy Greek Chicken Salad is on the meal plan this coming weekend, so I had to give it a permanent home on the blog first! This one may sound a lot like an old salad recipe here on the blog…and it is.
When I started out on this recipe, my whole intention was to just update the photos for my old Greek Chicken Salad recipe, but the more I worked on it, the more it felt like a total redo. The old recipe is great, but it’s a lot more hands on than the new version. Homemade dressing and marinade…delicious but a bit more time consuming. Hence the name of the remake: Easy Greek Chicken Salad.
One of my recommendations for making crave-worthy chicken that stays juicy all week is to BRINE it! I have my own homemade chicken brine recipe on the blog, and I can’t recommend it highly enough. It works great with the Mediterranean-inspired flavors of this salad too – the rosemary and dried lemon peel are perfect complements to the briny kalamata olives and tangy feta cheese. In the recipe card here, I recommend cooking the chicken in an air fryer because the results are sooo consistent every time. But I also use my grill a ton for making this chicken…now that the snow seems to be gone for spring, I can’t wait to get it fired up again!
Like I mentioned at the top, this is a great meal prep recipe! These salad meal prep containers by Rubbermaid Brilliance are my favorite way to keep everything fresh for the week. I also like to add a small piece of paper towel under the lettuce to soak up any excess moisture and keep that lettuce crisp.
Here are some items I used to make this recipe a success. Note: these are Amazon Affiliate links.
- 7 oz green leaf lettuce, chopped, (about 8 cups chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved, (170 grams)
- 1 cup English cucumber, chopped, (150 grams)
- 1/2 cup Farmer Boy Greek Dressing, (4 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup fat free feta cheese, (56 grams)
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved, (61 grams)
Juicy Air Fryer Chicken
- 1 lb raw chicken breast
- 3 tbsp homemade brine mix
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Oh My Spice! Lemon Pepper Dill Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Juicy Air Fryer Chicken
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add brine mix and stir until dissolved. Pour over ice in a flat bottomed resealable container. Add chicken, then add additional water until chicken is submerged. Brine for at least 5 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Remove chicken from brine and rinse with cold water. Pat dry on a paper towel, then pound down the thicker end of the chicken breast until they are even thickness across.
- Rub the chicken with 1 tsp olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt, pepper, chili powder, and Oh My Spice! seasoning.
- Air fry the chicken at 380 degrees for 11 minutes, flipping halfway through (sometimes I up the temp to 390 degrees after flipping the chicken for crispier edges). Set aside to cool for about 5 mintes before slicing.
- Divide lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, chicken, olives, and feta cheese (if desired) into 4 serving dishes. Top with Greek Dressing before serving. Serve with pita bread and hummus if desired.