Happy Sunday, PBF’ers! Allow me introduce you to this perfectly meal prep-able Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal! If you’ve been around a while, you know I love baking oatmeal into muffins, but with a few little tweaks it can be turned into a delicious, slice-able baked oatmeal too. Perfect for a Sunday brunch crowd or all week breakfasts! I like serving mine with a touch of maple syrup and alongside coffee and almond milk. YUM!
It took me a couple tries to get this recipe right so that it would be nice and tender when you bite into it, but firm enough to slice. And of course it had to be delicious! Mashing the bananas helps evenly distribute their flavor throughout and by using extra ripe ones, you’ll get plenty of sweetness from them too!
Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats (160 grams)
- 2 scoops PE Science Select Vanilla Plant Based Protein Powder (56 grams)
- 1 tsp baking powder (2 grams)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (10 oz)
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (236 grams)
- 2 cups blueberries (297 grams)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (2 oz)
- 2 eggs (100 grams)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
Combine all dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour into prepared casserole dish and spread evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. If desired, press almond slivers into the top of the mixture about halfway through the baking time.
Allow to cool, then cut into 6 pieces for serving.