Now, I actually made this exact same recipe last week as a loaf of zucchini bread. And it was delicious! The only problem was that I didn’t grate the zucchini small enough or squeeze enough water out of it before throwing it in the batter. Which meant that the insides of my zucchini bread were having a lot of trouble cooking while the outside got very golden.
I think these muffins are fun to use as part of breakfast, or you can eat them as dessert. Split them open and “butter” them with coconut butter if you have to have that melty texture. Even better when you make it as a loaf of bread!
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unflavored grass-fed whey protein
- 1/3 cup Guittard 63% dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup shredded zucchini excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour muffin batter evenly into 12 muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
I just stumbled onto your page and have spent nearly 2 full days getting lost in the recipes. I LOVE fresh ideas as I'm in a cook/recipe/blogging/meal prepping slump. Your recipes look so delicious! I am a food/meal prep blogger as well (also fitness on the side) and really feel inspired!
Same!! I have PB2 and quest pasta in my prime cart now! I've downloaded the paprika app and am well on my way to trying some new recipes! Thank you!!