***Photos updated April 16th, 2022***
Does this qualify as a spring veggie salad or a summer veggie salad? Asparagus and lemon are spring-y, but the rest of the veggies might be more summer like. I really didn’t know what to call the whole thing, but I will tell you that it’s delicious and full of those fresh flavors you get in both spring and summer. The roasted baby heirloom tomatoes in here add a gorgeous perfect pop of color and great depth of flavor since they’re roasted with garlic.
I made this recipe to take to a baby shower and it was the perfect side dish to go with the sandwich trays and finger foods. Try it out for your next picnic or party – it’s a crowd pleaser!
- 2 cups pearl couscous, (300 grams)
- 2 cups asparagus, (1 bunch / 200 grams)
- 1 cup corn, roasted on the cob and cob removed, (150 grams)
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped, (135 grams)
- 10 oz baby heirloom tomatoes, halved, (284 grams)
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp champagne or sweet white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tsp Flavor God Lemon and Garlic Seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss tomatoes with 1 tsp olive oil and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cook couscous according to package directions, then rinse with cold water and toss with dressing in a large bowl.
- Place trimmed asparagus in a microwave safe dish and cover with a very damp paper towel. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes until asparagus is bright green. Add asparagus to an ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain and pat dry, then chop into 1-2″ chunks.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the couscous and toss until evenly coated with dressing.