Happy 4th of July! You know I couldn’t leave you hanging without something red, white, and blue today. I decided these fruit and protein cake skewers would be a fun little addition to the picnic table. Plus they’re easy to eat, something a little sweet, and not too filling.
Now, let me tell you about this cake for a minute…I would be willing to bet that this is the best damn protein cake you’ll ever make. It’s like a sponge cake! Nice and tender, airy and light, moist and delicious. Seriously, you need to try it. I’ve had some of these little leftover squares sitting in my refrigerator for a week and they are still tender and moist. SO GOOD! I based it off of the cake recipe I used for this fancy Rose Pistachio Protein Cake I did for Valentine’s Day.
I bought these cute little buckets at Target and the skewers at World Market, but you can pick them up on Amazon too.
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 cup blueberries
- Optional: vanilla Greek yogurt for dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix dry cake ingredients, then add wet ingredients. Pour into parchment lined baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove cake from the dish and allow to cool slightly. Cut into 1″ squares.
- Skewer berries and cake and serve with Greek yogurt for dipping, if desired.