New Year’s Eve is right around the corner. What cocktails will you be serving your guests as you watch the ball drop?! Might I suggest this Pear + Sage Prosecco Cocktail for a classy twist on a classic bubbly drink? I love that the pear brings a gentle sweetness that’s set off by the slight citrus note of the sage. Garnish it with a slice of fresh pear and a sage leaf, and you’ve got an elegant and delicious cocktail!
I love these glasses that I got from World Market a couple years ago and the fact that this cocktail was the perfect excuse to bust them out. You could also use champagne flutes or tulip-shaped champagne glass.
Cheers to 2019!
- 8 oz prosecco
- 1 small pear, chopped (I used a French Butter pear), (140 grams)
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 oz water
- 1/2 tbsp honey, (0.25 oz)
- 6-8 sage leaves
- Add honey, water, and chopped pear to a small pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5-10 minutes until pear is soft enough to mash easily.
- Remove from heat, mash pear, and add sage leaves to the mixture. Steep leaves in mixture for 5 minutes, then strain skin and leaves from the liquid.
- Divide remaining liquid into 2 tulip-shaped or tall glasses, then divide bourbon between the 2 glasses and top with prosecco before serving.
For my macro trackers out there, I wasn’t able to create a My Fitness Pal barcode for this recipe since I would have had to decide for you whether to put the alcohol calories in as carbs or fats – that’s up to you! The 17 carbs listed here are just for the sugar in the honey, pears, and prosecco. For my non-macro trackers, here’s more info on what I’m talking about.