This weekend marks me officially getting into the holiday spirit…I started off with baking some Peppermint Hot Chocolate Protein Donuts, then I worked on some Soft Gingerbread Protein Cookies (recipe coming later this week), and then I topped it off with these overnight oats and some Christmasmovies. Maybe later I’ll go pick some sugar plums and make snow angels in the sand while gazing at the Golden Gate Bridge. We’ll see…work might interfere with the festivities though 😉
I topped my oats with some yummy vanilla protein frosting (made with Greek yogurt and casein protein powder) and a crumbled Soft Gingerbread Protein Cookie to make it feel like an iced gingerbread cookie but you can go with whatever toppings suit your fancy. If this was a weekday breakfast, I’d probably go for some chopped apples cooked down with cinnamon and a touch of maple syrup or even some sliced persimmons. Pears would go well with it too.
I used some Flavor God Gingerbread Cookie seasoning to help me get that distinctive gingerbread flavor, but you could use a combo of ground cinnamon, ginger, all spice and nutmeg if you don’t want to pick up a bottle. You can also stir some Greek yogurt into the oats to beef them up a little and make them creamier…I thought they were good as is though. Just like a gingerbread cookie in oat form!
These overnight oats were a part of my weekly meal prep which I will share later today!
Gingerbread Overnight Oats with Protein Frosting
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl Whey Protein
- 1/2 tbsp Flavor God Gingerbread Cookie seasoning
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/4 cup Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp MusclePharm Vanilla 100% Casein Protein powder
- Optional toppings: chopped apple, sliced persimmon, or crumbled gingerbread cookie
- Whisk Greek yogurt and vanilla casein until smooth. Spoon into a piping bag or Ziploc bag and set aside.
- Mix almond milk with cinnamon whey, gingerbread seasoning and molasses until smooth. Add rolled oats and chia seeds, then pour into a resealable container.
- Cut the tip of the piping bag or Ziploc bag and pipe frosting onto oats before serving.
Emily Morton says
This sounds so so yummy! I was looking for something new to do for my breakfast meal prep for next week and I think this is going to have to be included!
Thanks Emily! I think you’ll love them 🙂