First off, let me just say – YUM. I’m ecstatic with how this little creation of mine turned out. When I was planning my meals for this week, I really wanted to try something new. Usually when I make fish, it’s baked or grilled with nothing but some salt and pepper and then topped with a fruit salsa (if anything) and served with some steamed green beans. Not that I don’t love it done that way, I just wanted something new. And here we are – crunchy panko crusted cod with the rich Italian flavor that bruschetta brings to the table.
This is my first time trying broccolini too – and it’s awesome! It’s more delicate and less bitter than regular broccoli, so it pairs well with fish. Add in the bruschetta and it’s a winner – the balsamic in there complements the slight sweetness of the broccolini really well. I just roasted mine with some garlic and onion powder and spritzed with olive oil – 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes on a baking sheet loosely covered with foil.
Mmm, look at that parmesan 🙂 Oh and if you don’t have a silicone baking mat yet, go get one. Seriously, they’re worth it – non-stick without the mess of a spray, dishwasher safe (mine is anyways), and helps food bake evenly. Here you go.
Check out the end of the post for my weekly meal prep ideas!
Panko Parmesan Crusted Cod with Bruschetta
- 4 cod fillets (4 oz each)
- 1/2 cup Ian's whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Splash of milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl or plate and add a splash of milk. In another shallow bowl or plate, combine panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and parsley.
- Dredge cod fillets in egg, then the panko mix until well coated. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until cooked through and fish flakes easily. Then broil for a few minutes to brown the bread crumbs, watching carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Serve fish with bruschetta and broccolini.
-spicy turkey lettuce wraps (ground turkey, bell pepper, black beans, corn, tomatoes, lettuce, green onions, and a Greek yogurt/Sriracha sauce)
-grilled chicken with Bird’s Eye Asian Medley Vegetables and some leftover broccolini
-panko parmesan crusted cod with bruschetta and broccolini
–PB&J Overnight Oats