If you’ve seen my Mediterranean Chicken Pita post, this one probably looks a little familiar. I plagiarized myself a little bit, but I don’t feel bad. This was still delicious and super refreshing but I cut down on the carbs and upped the portability! I actually just remembered this morning that I forgot to add feta to it…so now it will sit in my refrigerator for who knows how long. Oh well, these things happen. Maybe I’ll toss some on my meal prepped ones (see below) for dinners at work this weekend.
Look at this grilled awesomeness! Yum. I really need to break out my George Foreman more often…
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced (I used yellow, red would be good too)
- 2 tbsp kalamata olives, pitted and rinsed
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp hummus (I used roasted red pepper variety)
- 3 tbsp plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Optional: Feta cheese, whole wheat tortillas or pitas
- In a Ziploc bag, combine olive oil, rosemary and lemon juice. Add chicken breasts and toss until coated.
- Grill chicken breasts until cooked through (about 5 minutes each on my mini-George Foreman grill). Dice the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, kalamata olive halves and chicken.
- Top with hummus and yogurt.
- Optional: Set oven to broil on high. Cut two whole wheat tortillas or pitas into quarters. Spread out on cookie sheet and spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with rosemary and broil on high for 2-3 minutes or until crispy. Be careful not to burn! Serve with chicken bowl.