Since peanut butter and chocolate are pretty self-explanatory, let’s get on with the recipe, shall we?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop Cellucor S'mores whey protein powder
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- Optional: 1 tbsp semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Topping Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp Dannon Light and Fit Non-Fat Greek Vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp Simply Jif peanut butter
- Optional: 4 Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate chips melted
- In a small bowl, whisk together topping ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor or Nutribullet, mill the oats until they form a fine powder.
- In a medium bowl, combine all pancake ingredients.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon pancake mixture onto griddle to form 3-4 medium sized pancakes. Cook until the top begins to bubble, then flip and cook through.
- Top pancakes with peanut butter topping and serve.
Recipe updated on 1/24/2016 to make the pancakes more moist!