Happy Sunday, ya’ll. I hope you get to enjoy some summer weather today and still get ready for the week to come! These Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Muffins are a great way to taste the bounty of summer and have breakfast ready to grab and go all week.
I always used to love the rhubarb treats that my Grandma would make using the plants in her yard. She almost always paired it up with strawberries that we would go pick ourselves at a strawberry farm. Sometimes the strawberries and rhubarb would end up in a pie, but the jam she made was my favorite. Ohhh summer memories 🙂
- 2 cups rolled oats, (180 grams)
- 2 38 gram scoops ON Plant Based Vegan Protein Powder, vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, (8 fl oz)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, (6 fl oz)
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries, (105 grams)
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb, (100 grams)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, (2 fl oz)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tbsp Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, (24 grams)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: Add chopped rhubarb and strawberries to a small pan and pour maple syrup over top. Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer until rhubarb has broken down. This will help bring out the sweetness of the rhubarb and deepen its flavor. Set aside to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange 7 jumbo (5 oz) silicone muffin cups on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray like coconut oil.
- Mix all dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Using a 4 oz ice cream scoop, divide batter evenly into 7 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
Here are some of the goodies I used to make these muffins. Note: these are Amazon affiliate links.