Here’s a quick and easy meal prep recipe for you on this Meal Prep Monday – a Quick Shrimp Burrito Bowl with fresh mango, pickled red onions, and homemade avocado ranch dressing.
Here are links to some of the gear I used to make this meal prep! Note: these are Amazon Affiliate links.
Quick Shrimp Burrito Bowl
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail-off
- 2 10 oz bags frozen cauliflower rice, heated according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained (260 grams)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (150 grams)
- 1 cup mango, chopped (336 grams)
- 1/2 cup pickled red onions (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Oh My Spice! Sriracha Lime Seasoning
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 small avocado (150 grams)
- 1/4 cup 365 Organic Light Ranch Dressing (2 fl oz)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
Add all dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper, and Oh My Spice! Sriracha Lime seasoning.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add shrimp to skillet in a single layer (you may need to do more than one batch) and cook for 1-2 minutes without moving. Flip the shrimp to finish cooking, about 1 more minute or until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
Divide cauliflower rice in one end of your meal prep containers and shrimp on the other end. Add black beans, tomatoes, chopped mango, cilantro, and pickled red onions. Add dressing into small sealable containers and place in the larger meal prep container.
Click here or scan the barcode below to log this meal in My Fitness Pal.
Pickled Red Onion
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced (100 grams)
- 1 cup water (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (4 oz)
- 2 tbsp sugar (24 grams)
- 2 tsp salt (10 grams)
Microwave water in a microwave safe dish until almost boiling, about 1-2 minutes.
Add sugar and salt to hot water and stir until completely dissolved. Add apple cider vinegar and stir.
Place onion slices in a resealable glass jar and pour pickling liquid over top until onions are covered in liquid.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.