*Last updated September 6th, 2019*
It’s the new year and I know lots of folks will be kicking it off with healthy new resolutions. (I’ll be refocusing my health and fitness goals too.) Many of you will probably see some ready-to-drink protein shakes hanging out in the fridge at your gym, so I put together this list to help you pick out the one that’s best for you! I included brands that are your standard run of the mill shakes, grass-fed brands, organic, vegan, etc.
Above each brand photo you’ll see a clickable link to find it on Amazon and below each brand photo you’ll see a little spreadsheet snippet that includes my rating of taste/texture, plus the macro breakdown, price, and ingredients list. You can click on the little snippets to see them larger or you can click here to see the entire spreadsheet at once.
Here’s a quick rundown of different colors you’ll see in the charts below:
- Yellow (on the macro ratio) indicates carb content.
- Blue (on the macro ratio) indicates protein content.
- Green (on the macro ratio) indicates fat content.
I had some trouble comparing these drinks against each other directly because some are plant based, some are organic, and some are just plain old bro-style. I did my best to rank order them according to taste, while still considering macros and ingredients lists. Honestly, it wasn’t easy to do. I recommend that you pull up the big spreadsheet yourself and narrow it down according to what matters most to you, whether that be taste, ingredients, macros, price, whatever…you get the idea. I hope this helps you in your own hunt for the best brand!
***Click the link above or any of the spreadsheet snippets below to view the full spreadsheet.***
1.Iconic Protein Drink – Cafe au Lait
2. Premier Protein Shake – Chocolate
3. PowerBar Protein Shake – Chocolate
4. Evolve Plant Powered Protein Shake – Classic Chocolate
5. Pure Protein Shake – Frosty Chocolate
6. Vega Plant Based Protein+ Shake – Chocolate
7. Kitu Super Coffee Protein + MCT Oil
8. Orgain Organic Protein Nutritional Protein Shake – Creamy Chocolate
9. OWYN Plant-Based Shake – Dark Chocolate
10. Core Power High Protein Milk Shake – Chocolate Light
11. Ripple Nutrition Plant Based Protein Shake – Chocolate
12. Organic Valley Organic Fuel High Protein Milk Shake – Chocolate
13. Muscle Milk Non-Dairy Protein Shake – Chocolate
14. Rebbl Plant Based Protein Shake – Dark Chocolate
15. EAS 100% Whey Pure Protein Shake – Chocolate
16. Power Crunch Blast Proto Whey Protein Drink – Double Chocolate
Here’s the link again to the full spreadsheet!
Note: I was not provided any compensation by the brands in this post to endorse their products. The views expressed here are my own. The Amazon links contained in this post are affiliate links, meaning that if you buy anything from Amazon after clicking through these links, I’ll earn a small commission (usually just a few pennies) from your purchase. Your purchase price will be the same whether you use my affiliate links or navigate to Amazon independently.