Pumpkin recipe #2 of the season! Since it’s pancake Sunday, pumpkin is really the only way to go. I’ve been out of town or at training for the last two weeks so I haven’t stayed on track very well 🙁 So these pancakes are my start of getting back on track – lots of fuel here for leg day! These pancakes are nice and moist but not dense – plus the healthy “cheesecake” topping makes you think you could be eating dessert for breakfast!
I’ve been using up my Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl protein powder like crazy lately! I think I’m going to have to buy a full tub – it’s just so delicious and perfect for fall. I’m thinking it might have been awesome to use the Cinnamon Swirl flavor in the cheesecake topping too! This is the same topping that I used on my Red Velvet Protein Pancake a while back. It’s so good and hard to believe that it’s healthy. Just some cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, almond milk, Truvia and protein powder. Perfection 🙂
What’s not perfection is my ability to flip pancakes…seriously, do I need to go to a class for this or something?? I concentrate so hard on trying to flip them nicely, and then this crap happens. One of them is halfway up the side of the pan and the other left pancake skid marks across the pan. Oy. Anywho…now I’m going to concentrate on listening to the Steelers play the Buccaneers since they’re not on TV out here! Enjoy your pancakes!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 scoop Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl whey protein
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Cheesecake Topping Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fat free cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp Cellucor Whipped Vanilla whey protein
- 2 packets Truvia
- In a food processor or Nutribullet, process the topping ingredients until smooth. If using a Nutribullet, blend the cottage cheese and almond milk first, then add the rest and blend. Set aside.
- In a food processor or Nutribullet, grind the oats into a fine powder.
- Mix all pancake ingredients until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or large non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Drop pancake batter onto griddle and cook until the top starts to bubble, then flip and cook the other side.
- Layer pancakes with cheesecake topping and serve.