Happy 4th of July weekend everyone! Hopefully you’re celebrating in whatever way makes you happy, whether it be in the gym, at the beach, on the couch or in the backyard barbecuing and lighting off fireworks. Me-thinks I’ll be cooking up a storm today and then enjoying a little BBQ tomorrow 🙂
So this here pancake roll-up was inspired by something I saw on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I seem to be drawing a lot of inspiration from that show lately, even if you don’t get to see it all 😉 This one is from Pete’s Breakfast House in Ventura, CA. You can get the recipe for the real thing here, but I went sans granola and added protein because I’m basically obsessed with it, plus I had to make it more macro friendly. Also because ‘MERICA.
Now, normally I include the nutrition info for exactly what you see on the plate because I don’t like to do you dirty like that (unlike some bloggers who say “oh, chocolate chips are optional but highly encouraged because otherwise this will taste like crap. But I didn’t include them in the nutrition info, because they’re so optional”). Okay, I’m off my soap box now. But anyway, I added some extra Greek yogurt on top because it’s pretty…but I actually couldn’t even eat the extra yogurt because this thing is already filling enough! You could totally cut the recipe in half if you’re not into a big breakfast.
‘Merica Protein Pancake Roll-Up
Yield: 1 serving • Calories per serving: 450 calories • Fat: 3 g • Protein: 43 g • Carbs: 62 g • Fiber: 8 g • Sugar: 28 g • Sodium: 295 mg • Cholesterol: 33 mg
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 3 tbsp Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow whey protein
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt, divided
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Mix flour, PB2, protein, baking powder, egg white, 3 tbsp yogurt, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Heat 2 large non-stick skillets over medium-high heat. Spray first skillet with non-stick cooking spray and pour pancake batter into skillet. Ensure the batter evenly fills the bottom of the skillet.
- Once pancake air bubbles rise and burst on top of the pancake, spray the second skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Place 2nd skillet on top of the skillet with the pancake and quickly flip the pancake into the 2nd skillet to cook the other side.
- Once golden brown on both sides, transfer pancake to a plate and carefully roll into desired shape (do this while hot so it will help keep shape/not crack as the pancake cools).
- Fill pancake with remaining Greek yogurt and top with berries and additional Greek yogurt if desired.
Leave a Comment