Time for a new recipe Tuesday with this cool and creamy Key Lime Pie Protein Shake! If you didn’t know, I actually lived in Key West for a couple years right after college and I gotta say – I really do miss the key lime pie! But this protein shake will give you perfectly refreshing island vibes from anywhere! And with 31 grams of protein per shake, it’s a snack that’ll keep you fueled for hours.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Key lime Greek yogurt – I used Chobani brand, but any lime or key lime flavored yogurt will work! I love Greek yogurt because it’s thick and creamy, plus it has plenty of protein.
- Casein protein powder – I prefer casein in this protein shake since it helps thicken up the shake and make it even creamier. You could opt for whey protein instead if that’s all you have, but just know that the texture will not be as thick.
- Key lime juice and zest – Here’s where you really get the key lime flavor! Definitely don’t skip the zest, that’s the most bang for the buck when it comes to getting the flavor. If you can’t find key limes or don’t want to bother, you can use regular lime juice and zest.
- Ice – A necessary building block for a good smoothie or shake, you’ve got to have something frozen to get the right texture!
Here are some items I used to make this recipe a success. Note: these are Amazon Affiliate links.
- 5.3 oz Chobani Key Lime Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp Cellucor Vanilla Casein Protein powder, (24 grams)
- 2 tbsp key lime juice, (1 fl oz)
- 1/2 tbsp key lime zest
- splash unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Add lime juice, yogurt, almond milk, lime zest, and protein powder to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add ice and blend again until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed graham crackers before serving, if desired.