Time for another New Recipe Wednesday, and this Fig & Prosciutto Salad is all about flavor and texture contrast! The sweet figs against the salty prosciutto. The creamy goat cheese with the crunchy pistachios. The bright arugula with the deep, dark aged balsamic dressing.
I shared another fig-focused recipe last week (hi, Fig for a Queen cocktail! ;))and the black mission figs are still going strong in the market! I love how sweet and flavorful they are. Here’s how they’re described on Central Market’s website: “Black Mission Figs deserve their reputation as the most consistently delicious fresh fig available. While they have a flavor all their own, the taste could be described as a mix of strawberry, melon and banana flavors, with a pleasantly jammy, creamy texture.”
What do you guys think about this pink color scheme?! It’s not normally something I’d be excited about adding to my portfolio but I’m honestly digging it a lot. The pink fabric you see here is a $5 scarf from Target and the little marble board was $7 or $8 from Homegoods. Gotta love some good bargain prop shopping!
Fig & Prosciutto Salad
- 4 cups baby arugula or your favorite leafy salad mix (170 grams)
- 5 black mission figs, quartered (60 grams)
- 3 slices prosciutto di parma, torn into pieces (1.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped (28 grams)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled (1 oz/28 grams)
Honey Balsamic Dressing
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil (0.75 fl oz)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (0.5 fl oz)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (0.5 fl oz)
- 1/2 tbsp honey (0.25 fl oz)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Whisk dressing ingredients together. Assemble salad and top with dressing just before serving.
Click here or scan the barcode below to log this food in My Fitness Pal.