Here’s an easy weekday breakfast prep for you – Cherry Chocolate Chunk Protein Overnight Oats. Cherry season is in full swing now and I’m HERE FOR IT. I love them. And cherries + dark chocolate…what more could you want? Whipped cream. Whipped cream is what else you could want, because it’s amazing. It turns breakfast into dessert with just a little dollop ;). Not that these oats need any help in the flavor department (trust me, I crushed almost this whole jar after doing this photo shoot at 2PM).
I like to add protein powder to my oats for a couple reasons. First (and most obviously), you get a big hit of protein that keeps you full for longer; and second, it helps make them creamy and a little bit thicker. Of course, you can skip the protein if you want, but you’ll need to leave out some of the almond milk and maybe add a bit more Greek yogurt. Start out with 1/4 cup almond milk and 1/3 cup Greek yogurt and go from there…don’t forget that the oats will soak up moisture overnight, and you can always add more in the morning to get the texture to where you like it. It’s easier to add than subtract!
- 2/3 cup rolled oats, (60 grams)
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved, (140 grams)
- 1 scoop Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl Whey Protein, (34 grams)
- 3/4 oz 56% dark chocolate, chopped, (21 grams)
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds, (7 grams)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, (6 oz)
- 1/4 cup Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt, (2 oz)
- Whisk almond milk and whey protein until smooth, then add yogurt and whisk again until smooth. Add rolled oats, cherries, chocolate, chia seeds, and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Add oat mixture into a resealable container or jar and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled or microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes before serving.