It’s time for another monthly workout, brought to you by yours truly! Since we’re coming up on some holidays and probably a bunch of Halloween treats, I decided to put together another cross training (*cough* CrossFit style *cough*) workout. Fair warning – this one is a leg killer!
- You can squeeze this workout into a short 30 minutes, just don’t forget to warm up!
- You’ll really get your heart rate going in those 30 minutes and your legs will feel the burn.
- You can scale this workout easily to adjust to your fitness level.
- You’ll need several pieces of equipment and some space to complete this workout.
Time needed: approx. 30 minutes
- Boxes (for box jumps)
- Rowing machine
- Treadmill or space for running
- Pull up bar
This month is obviously Halloween and honestly, this workout is going to make your legs feel like one of those Jello dirt treats. So I named it after the song “Monster” by Kanye West and company since this one is a leg monster. Plenty of cursing involved in that song, just like you’ll be doing during this workout. Happy sweating 😉
Round 1 (Repeat 3 times with 1-2 minutes break between rounds):
Round 2 (Repeat 3 times with 2-3 minutes break between rounds):
- 6-8 Burpee pull-ups (modify with regular burpees if you don’t have a pull-up bar or can’t do them)
- 400-meter sprint (modify with approx. 1 minute sprint on treadmill)