Mmmmm green tea! This stuff is amazing and I wanted to make it extra amazing today with some blackberries and lemon. Topped off with some sparkling water, it’s beyond refreshing and has tons of health benefits. For example:
- It has loads of antioxidants – the stuff that is supposed to keep your cells healthy and decrease your risk of cancer.
- It boosts your metabolism.
- It’s hydrating!
But I digress…there are lots of options for sweetening this particular mix of green tea if you want more than what the blackberries will give you. You can use flavored sparkling water if you find something with berry or blackberry flavor that you like. Or you can add some Truvia when the tea is still hot or use a little of something pictured after the recipe.
Sparkling Blackberry Lemon Green Tea
- 8 cups water
- 6 green tea bags
- 2 cups sparkling water flavored or unflavored
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 small lemon juiced
- Optional: 8 packets Truvia
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups water to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Steep tea, covered, for about 5 minutes, then remove tea bags.
- Mix in Truvia if you're using it. Allow tea to cool.
- Add lemon juice to tea.
- In a small dish, heat blackberries in microwave for 15 seconds. Mash the berries and mix in to tea.
- Strain tea into a pitcher and add lemon slices and blackberries as a garnish if desired.
- Top off with 2 cups of sparkling water and gently stir.