Skillet Turkey Meatballs
Yield: 9 large meatballs • Serving size: 1 1/2 large meatballs • Calories per serving: 222 • Fat: 6 g • Protein: 27 g • Carbs: 15 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 6 g • Sodium: 416 mg • Cholesterol: 84 mgIngredients:
- 20 oz extra lean 99% ground turkey
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 28 oz S&W Italian crushed tomatoes with oregano and basil
- Combine turkey, cheese, egg, onion, bread crumbs, half of the minced garlic, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. Form into 9 large meatballs.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add meatballs and brown for 1-2 minutes on one side, then flip and cover with crushed tomatoes. Fill skillet with crushed tomatoes until about 1/2 inch from top of skillet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Top with chopped basil and toasted pine nuts.