Hey everybody, happy Sunday! I was so excited about making something delicious for breakfast today after my quick and easy pre-work breakfasts this past week. Since I work normal hours all week now, I don’t get as many chances to play in the kitchen in the morning as I did in Miami 🙁 But I think the tradeoffs of not working nights/weekends/holidays make it worth having fewer pancakes in my life.
The star ingredient in these pancakes is…PROTEIN! Duh. Why wouldn’t it be? This protein is the crazy creation of Cellucor, my heroes (not really heroes, but maybe just a little bit). So the particular one I used in this was their Red Velvet flavor which I have yet to try in a protein shake. But it does make a mean pancake! And this recipe has a whopping 51 grams of protein – plenty to keep you full and feed your muscles.
Red Velvet Protein Pancakes
- 3 tbsp non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fat free cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp Cellucor Whipped Vanilla whey protein
- 2 packets Truvia
- Optional: 6 Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate chips melted
- In a food processor or Nutribullet, process the sauce ingredients until smooth. If using a Nutribullet, blend the cottage cheese and almond milk first, then add the rest and blend. Set aside.
- In a food processor or Nutribullet, grind the oats into a fine powder.
- Mix all pancake ingredients until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or large non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Drop pancake batter onto griddle and cook until the top starts to bubble, then flip and cook the other side.