Yep, you read that right…guilt free alfredo sauce. As in feel free to lick your plate because you have no reason to feel bad. Like you’re on top of the world. Go ahead, do it.
I was honestly a little skeptical of how this would taste when I came up with this recipe, but you know what I said when I tasted it? Holy s*%^ this actually tastes like alfredo!!
And so it goes. I also finally broke down and got my new camera today 🙂 I’m pretty excited about it but haven’t had too much of a chance to play around with it yet and figure out how to finally take some good pics. Now I really feel like I’m on the road to hippie-dom.
These little Laughing Cow cheese spreads are the star of this sauce. But no so much so that you could possibly feel bad about eating it 🙂
Guilt Free Alfredo Sauce
Makes 2 cups
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 wedges Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- In a small bowl, whisk corn starch into chicken broth until dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add chicken broth mixture. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Unwrap and whisk in cheese wedges until smooth. (If you’re worried about using a whisker in a non-stick pan, break the cheese wedges apart as much as you can and heat for about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and whisk until smooth.)
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in yogurt until smooth.