Hey guys, here’s a quick and easy green smoothie to get you geared up for St. Patrick’s Day! Because ya know, Erin go Bragh and all of that good stuff. I even added some ginger beer to get that zingy kick! Carbonated beverages in your smoothies will actually help give them some extra volume, which can help keep you from packing your smoothie with dense calories (ehem, looking at you bananas).
If adding spinach to your smoothies freaks you out, then you just need to dive in head first. It doesn’t make your smoothie taste like spinach…it’s totally delicious and takes on whatever other flavors you’re using. Plus, spinach has some great vitamins and minerals that you don’t want to miss out on!
Happy early St. Paddy’s!
Green Ginger Collagen Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach (35 grams)
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk, frozen into cubes (150 grams)
- 1 medium green apple, chopped (220 grams)
- 1 small banana, sliced and frozen (78 grams)
- 1/2 large mango, chopped (132 grams)
- 3 scoops Sports Research Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides
- Enough ginger beer to blend to desired consistency
Add all ingredients to a blender, then blend until smoothies reach desired consistency. Add more ginger beer if needed.
The ginger beer is not included in the nutrition facts since it will depend on how much and what brand you use. Add a bit of fresh ginger for even more kick!