Here’s a meal prep that I’m pretty excited about. It wasn’t the fastest meal prep, but it was still easy, clean and tasted really good. If you saw my Turkey Spinach Meatballs and Zucchini Noodles post, you know I’m a fan of “noodles” made out of veggies. No carbs and still tasty.
Ground Turkey with Veggie Noodles and Marinara Sauce
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 small zucchinis julienned
- 2 large carrots julienned
- 1 bell pepper sliced thinly (I used yellow to make it more colorful)
- 4 cloves garlic minced and divided
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- tsp About 1 olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add half of the minced garlic and onion and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add turkey, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook turkey about 6 minutes, breaking apart as it cooks. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to skillet and saute remaining garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add julienned carrots, zucchini and bell pepper. Cook until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Plate 1/4 of the veggie noodles with 1/4 of the ground turkey and top with marinara sauce of choice. (I ate one of the 4 servings for dinner, that's why it's not in the pic 😉
I cheated a little on this one and used a bag of frozen mixed veggies since I didn’t feel like doing extra chopping today. I added a little container of Chobani/Sriracha to each of these meals. About 3 tbsp of plain non-fat Chobani mixed with 3 tsp of Sriracha hot sauce and divided into 4 add some extra deliciousness. Yum! Now I’m ready for the rest of the week 🙂