Workout Wednesday, woo wooooo! This month I’m bringing you guys a “fun” cross-training type of workout that I’ve been digging lately. I’m a big fan of workouts that incorporate both lifting and cardio into one because the idea of hopping on a treadmill is pretty miserable to me. This one fits the bill! And the best part to me is that I can knock it out with nothing but a few dumbbells.
Side note – yeah, I’m using a kettlebell in the photo instead of the dumbbell. And yes, I’m making an awkward face. Deal with it 😉
This is another workout from bodybuilding.com and Andy Speer called the Ultimate Full-Body Dumbbell Workout.
- You can knock out your cardio while getting in some strength training too.
- It’s a pretty quick workout.
- You don’t need much equipment.
- You might feel like you need to throw up after this one (I have every time I’ve done it!).
Time needed: approx. 30-40 minutes with warmup.
Ultimate Full-Body Dumbbell Workout
Here’s the video version of the workout line-up, but you can click the link above to see the whole thing (or scroll down to get a preview here).
Sample of the workout:
Complex 1 – Perform 5 rounds, resting 60-90 seconds between rounds.
- Dumbbell clean – 3 reps
- Push press – 3 reps
- Front squat – 3 reps
Complex 2 – Perform 4 rounds, resting 60 seconds between rounds
- Dumbbell crush press from floor – 10 reps
- Bent over row – 10 reps
- Reverse lunge – 10 reps per leg
Click here to see the rest!
Leave a Comment