I made a trip to Trader Joe’s on Friday and ended up buying a massive container of strawberries and another one of blueberries! I need to come up with more recipes to use them all up…but first: these! Strawberry and banana go together in lots of fake-flavored juices, smoothies, etc. but they’re even better together in real life. The bananas make these pancakes super moist! If I could eat raw bananas (read: I’m allergic to them if they’re not cooked), I’d add some sliced ones on top too.
Strawberry Banana Protein Pancakes
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop + 1 tbsp Cellucor Whipped Vanilla whey protein divided
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup mashed bananas
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk divided
- 1/3 cup strawberries chopped
- 3 tbsp Dannon Light and Fit vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
- In a small bowl, blend yogurt, 1 tbsp protein powder and 1 tbsp almond milk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor or NutriBullet, mill the oats until they form a fine powder. Add in 1 scoop protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon. Then mix in mashed banana, egg white and 2 tbsp almond milk until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Drop pancake batter onto griddle forming 3-4 medium pancakes and cook until the top starts to bubble, then flip and cook the other side.
- Top pancakes with yogurt mixture and chopped strawberries.