This is a piggy-back recipe from my latest meal prep post. Have I mentioned that I love southwestern flavors? I could eat this stuff pretty much everyday. These wraps are pretty quick and easy, the toughest part is getting your veggies washed and cut up.
The hot sauce mixture that I made is pretty spicy, so adjust to your tastes.
Southwestern Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1/2 pound 99% lean ground turkey
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 small ears of corn, roasted and shaved
- 1 medium orange bell peper, diced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 small avocado
- Lettuce for wraps – I used butter lettuce, romaine would probably be better
- 3 tbsp plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- Prepare all veggies and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and Sriracha sauce. Set aside.
- Heat small non-stick skillet over medium high heat and spray with Smart Balance cooking spray. Break apart and add ground turkey. Season with cajun seasoning and cook for 3-4 minutes or until done.
- Top lettuce pieces with ground turkey and vegetables, finishing with hot sauce mixture.
Here’s all my ingredients ready for the next round since this was part of my meal prep.