I couldn’t decide whether or not to give this recipe it’s own blog post, but figured my meal preppers out there might appreciate a Quick Thai Green Curry. If you’re a green curry snob (as I aspire to be given my deep love of Thai green curry), this may not be your favorite recipe in the world. But when you’re in a pinch for something quick and you just gotta have some of those Thai curry spices, this will satisfy the itch. I live in Texas right now so I used an HEB brand sauce, but most stores will have some kind of green curry cooking sauce available either in the Asian food section or the pre-made cooking sauce section.
If you think the sauce is too runny, add a quick cornstarch slurry (1/2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1/2 tbsp of the sauce, then whisk into the sauce and bring to quick boil). Want more green curry flavor? Use 2 bags of the sauce and skip the coconut milk. Life is full of options, people! Okay, here it is…quick and easy!
- 1 1/4 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 bag Right Rice Original Flavor, (200 grams)
- 1 6.89 oz bag H‑E‑B Select Ingredients Green Curry Spicy Cooking Sauce, (195 grams)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk, (4 oz)
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced, (165 grams)
- 1 large carrot, sliced, (75 grams)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 5 cups broccoli florets, (465 grams)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cook Right Rice according to package directions. Divide evenly among 5 dishes or meal prep containers.
- Add broccoli to a large microwavable bowl and cover with a very damp paper towel. Microwave for 2 minutes, then remove paper towel and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Add bell pepper and carrots and saute for 3-5 minutes until tender crisp. Add to bowl with broccoli and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the same saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add in the H‑E‑B Cooking Sauce and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add veggies back into the sauté pan and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with Right Rice.