Are you guys ready for Memorial Day weekend and the unofficial start of summer?! One of my favorite things about summer is the abundance of fresh, juicy berries, so I had to put them to work in this Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bake. I love a good oatmeal bake – not only is it a quick and easy way to feed a crowd or meal prep a breakfast, it’s delicious! It stays moist but tender inside, perfect with your morning coffee.
Don’t forget to top off a slice with some fresh homemade whipped cream and maybe a little maple syrup!
Aren’t those berries beautiful?? Enjoy!
Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bake
- 2 cups rolled oats (192 grams)
- 2 scoops Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Plant Based Protein Powder (76 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 grams)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (8 oz)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (163 grams)
- 2/3 cup strawberries, chopped (100 grams)
- 2/3 cup blueberries (100 grams)
- 2/3 cup raspberries (85 grams)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (1.5 oz)
- 2 tbsp Skippy Natural Peanut Butter (32 grams)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: almond slivers for topping
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
Combine all dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour into prepared casserole dish and spread evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If desired, press almond slivers into the top of the mixture about halfway through the baking time.
Allow to cool, then cut into 6 pieces for serving.
I used a casserole dish like this to make mine.