Happy Monday, meal preppers! Here’s an easy meal prep idea to help you get through quarantine. I used Stubb’s Sweet Heat BBQ sauce for the chicken, but there are specifically Hawaiian BBQ sauces available on the market too. Up to you what you use!
Stay healthy out there, friends.
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken and Slaw
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast raw
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple (183 grams)
- 3/4 cup Stubbs Sweet Heat Barbecue Sauce (210 grams)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, sliced (60 grams)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped (80 grams)
- 10 oz HEB Power Slaw (284 grams)
- 8.7 oz Dole Classic Creamy Cole Slaw Kit (245 grams)
Add chopped onion to the bottom of a slow cooker. Add chicken breast on top, then cover evenly with BBQ sauce. Top with crushed pineapple and bell pepper.
Cook on low for 7 hours (or high for 3), then remove chicken breast and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and toss with sauce and juices. Set aside to cool.
Toss Power Slaw and cole slaw mix with cole slaw dressing. Divide into large compartment of 6 two compartment meal prep containers, then divide chicken breast into small compartments of containers. Add fresh pineapple garnish, if desired.