I don’t know about where you guys live, but in Texas it is HOTTTTT. It’s supposed to be 105 degrees all week, with the heat index even higher. Ugh. When it’s HOT hot out, I rarely want to eat a warm meal and I certainly don’t want to turn my oven on. This Chicken & Hummus Meal Prep Box is perfect for those weeks – fresh fruit and veggies served alongside juicy air fryer chicken along with some hummus to keep the dip game strong.
Here are links to the containers I used (they’re Amazon affiliate links):
Happy summer lunching!
Juicy Air Fryer Chicken
- 4 cups red seedless grapes, (368 grams)
- 12 oz baby carrots
- 6 oz Sabra Original Hummus
- 5 stalks celery, cut into 2" segments, (200 grams)
Make the Chicken
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add brine mix and stir until dissolved. Pour over ice in a flat bottomed resealable container. Add chicken, then add additional water until chicken is submerged. Brine for at least 5 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Remove chicken from brine and rinse with cold water. Pat dry on a paper towel, then pound down the thicker end of the chicken breast until they are even thickness across.
- Rub the chicken with 1 tsp olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt, pepper, chili powder, and Oh My Spice! seasoning.
- Air fry the chicken at 380 degrees for 11 minutes, flipping halfway through (sometimes I up the temp to 390 degrees after flipping the chicken for crispier edges). Set aside to cool for about 5 mintes before slicing.
Assemble the Meal Prep Box
- Add hummus to reusable dressing containers (3 tbsp each).
- Add sliced chicken and hummus to the large section of the container, then add celery and carrots to one of the smaller sections, and finally add the grapes to the remaining section.