Thai Peanut Chicken
Yield: 5 servings • Calories per serving: 314 • Fat: 8 g • Protein: 31 g • Carbs: 29 g • Fiber: 6 g • Sugar: 6 g • Sodium: 239 mg • Cholesterol: 65 mg
- 1 1/4 lb chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup O Organics Wild Rice Mix, cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- Mix sauce ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- In a deep sauté pan, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté minced garlic until fragrant. Add chicken tenders and lightly brown on each side, about 2 minutes total.
- Add sauce over the chicken and lightly stir to coat chicken. Allow the sauce to boil down for 3-5 minutes, then add snow peas, bell pepper and grated carrots, tossing lightly with chicken and sauce.
- Lower heat to medium and continue cooking until vegetables are tender-crisp and chicken is cooked through, about 3-5 more minutes.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over rice and top with green onions and peanuts.