Spicy Garlic Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas
- 1 medium head purple cauliflower
- 1 cup canned low sodium chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Splash of lemon juice
- Optional topping: Plain non-fat Greek yogurt and parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together until cauliflower and chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender crisp.
- Recipe above plus 4 oz raw chicken
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 25-30 mins.
- 16 oz 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 2/3 cup sugar snap peas
- Large sweet potato (~350 grams)
- Optional: olive oil, Emeril’s Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, seasoning salt
- Directions: Cook turkey in large skillet, add in Emeril’s Cajun seasoning if desired. Steam sugar snap peas in microwave: Place sugar snap peas in a microwave safe bowl. Cover bowl with damp paper towel, microwave for 3 minutes. Cut sweet potato in half lengthwise and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and seasoning salt if desired. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, then increase to 400 degrees for another 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Recipe here
The sweet potato got so tender that the skin started to fall off 🙂 Deeeelicious. I love using foil to save me from having to do any cleanup!