Winter veggies are out, spring veggies are in! Not that it will stop me from using squash, but hey, I’m still excited about the asparagus and peas and all the good stuff. I added zucchini to this Lemon Garlic Shrimp too because I just can’t wait for summer when I will FINALLY be done with grad school (for the most part).
I like to get the shrimp that’s peeled, deveined, and tail off. Because even if their tails are pretty when cooked, I just don’t feel like picking tails off when I’m trying to shovel this deliciousness into my face.
Anywho, this recipe is really pretty simple and will have you feeling like the spring sun is shining down on you. Lemon and garlic will do that to you. I served mine up with some wild rice and it paired perfectly with the shrimp and veggies. Good luck getting through the rest of the week – we’re halfway there!
Lemon and Garlic Shrimp with Spring Veggies
- 1 lb shrimp peeled, deveined, tail off
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped (220 grams)
- 2 baby zucchini, chopped (225 grams)
- 2/3 cup Lundberg Wild Rice Blend cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2/3 cup dry white wine (I like Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add zucchini and asparagus to a microwave safe dish. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes. Set aside in refrigerator.
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook on one side, without moving shrimp, for about 2-3 minutes.
Flip shrimp and add sauce. Finish cooking shrimp most of the way (they should be mostly opaque), then add ghee and parsley.
Remove shrimp from heat and toss in asparagus and zucchini. Serve with cooked wild rice blend.