|Sink full of freshly washed and ready to eat/prep fruit and veggies!|
Soooo after waking up with an overwhelming sense of WTF-ness and still not having a meal plan, I decided I needed some refreshing and fun stuff to eat for the next few days. Here’s what I came up with:
Mediterranean Chicken Pitas – I’m not usually a huge fan of Mediterranean food, but these are awesome!!! Very refreshing (win!) and super easy to throw together. Not my standard prepped meal that I can just pop in the microwave, but I’m okay with that. Recipe will be up shortly 🙂
and…Southwestern Turkey Bowls – I’ll be having this for dinner tonight so I didn’t make a pretty picture of it to put up here.
Here’s what I put in mine:
Southwestern Turkey Bowls
Makes 4-5 servings
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 15oz can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 c chopped green onion
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 small avocados
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, green onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, 1 tbsp olive oil, lime juice and some salt and black peper to taste.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cajun seasoning. Continue breaking apart turkey until cooked through.
- Combine turkey and black bean mix in serving bowl.
- Top with half an avocado.
Enjoy eating healthy all week!