Guess what day it is! HUMP DAYYYYYYYYYYYY. Today I’m coming at ya with another meal prep recipe! This one will actually be part of next week’s meal prep Monday post, but it’s good enough to deserve it’s own post…so here we are. I’m definitely not a vegetarian, but sometimes I like to switch things up and go meatless. As most of you probably know, tofu doesn’t have a lot of flavor (or texture) on it’s own but it’s pretty easy to doctor it up with some sauce and make it taste great.
I used the little mini snack peppers that are on the sweet side for this recipe. You could use a bell pepper, but I honestly loved these little playful rings of pepper because they didn’t overpower the flavor of the dish. This is a great recipe to help you get back on track after the holidays – lots of veggies, but not boring in the least bit!
And don’t forget to pick up some of your own glass meal prep containers – I love mine!
- 16 oz extra firm tofu
- 8-10 mini sweet peppers, sliced, (120 grams)
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped, (400 grams)
- 15 spears asparagus, chopped, (175 grams)
- 2/3 cup brown jasmine rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot flour
- Optional toppings: sliced green onion and sesame seeds
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Line a dinner plate with paper towels and place block of tofu on top. Add another layer of paper towels on top of tofu and top with another dinner plate. Set aside in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- Cut drained tofu into approx. 1/2″ cubes.
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients. Pour half over sliced tofu and toss gently to coat. Set aside remaining marinade.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat, then add olive oil and swirl around the pan. Add vegetables and toss to stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Set aside on a baking sheet or large plate.
- Add tofu to the hot skillet or wok, tossing to sear all sides until lightly browned (5-6 minutes). Add the remaining marinade.
- As the tofu continues to cook, whisk arrowroot flour into 2 tbsp of water. Add mixture to wok or skillet and gently mix. Bring to a boil, then return veggies to the wok and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve with rice.