- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup Cellucor Molten Chocolate Whey Protein
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract, divided
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao chocolate chips
- In a food processor or Nutribullet with milling blade, mill the quick oats.
- In a medium bowl, combine milled quick oats, protein powder, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- In a small microwave safe dish, microwave coconut oil for 10-15 seconds or until melted. Add melted coconut oil, applesauce and 1/2 tsp peppermint extract to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Refrigerate the dough for several hours or freeze for about 1 hour until dough is firm and not sticky to touch.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 mini-cupcake baking pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove dough from refrigerator, divide and flatten into 24 rounds. Press the rounds into the mini-cupcake pans. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove cookies from baking pans and place on a cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate chips on the stovetop or in the microwave and stir in 1/4 tsp peppermint extract.
- Spoon the melted chocolate onto the cookies evenly. Store cookies in freezer or refrigerator.