Happy Monday, meal preppers! This week I’m highlighting one of my fave meal prep recipes – Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus! It’s a variation on a recipe from long, long ago but uses asparagus instead of broccoli, which is honestly just better for my digestive system. You can really use whatever veggie you like best though.
I normally like to use peeled, deveined, tail-off shrimp to make it easier to shovel this deliciousness down my pie-hole, but dang if shrimp aren’t prettier for pictures with their tails on. *Insert shrug emoji here* Do what you like best – frozen, fresh, tails on, tails off, etc. I definitely recommend against using the pre-cooked variety though.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tail-off
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, (200 grams)
- 2/3 cup Lundberg Organic Brown Jasmine Rice, cooked according to package directions, (120 grams)
- 1 tsp olive oil, (0.17 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Flavor God Garlic Lover’s Seasoning
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, (1.5 oz)
- 2 tsp sesame oil, (0.35 oz)
- 1 tbsp sriracha, (0.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp honey, (0.5 oz)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add asparagus to a large, microwave safe bowl. Cover bowl with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is bright green and tender-crisp. Immediately transfer asparagus to an ice bath to stop cooking, then pat dry and cut into 2″ pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add shrimp, season with Flavor God seasoning, and cook for about 1 minute or until partly opaque. Drain any liquid from the skillet.
- Add sauce and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until liquid is reduced and shrimp are cooked through. Remove from heat and add green onion.
- Serve shrimp over rice and asparagus.