You just have to bake the sweet potatoes long enough that you can scoop them out, mash up the innards, cook up some filling ingredients, mix it all up and stuff your potatoes!
Servings: 4 • Calories: 195 • Fat: 1 g • Protein: 9 g • Carbs: 40 g • Fiber: 8 g • Sugar: 9 g • Sodium: 232 mg • Cholesterol: 1 mg
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 small jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Flavor God Spicy Everything seasoning
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 6 tbsp plain fat free Greek yogurt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork and place on foil lined baking pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until fork tender (you may need to adjust cooking time if you’re using really big sweet potatoes).
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and hollow them out, leaving at least 1/4 inch of the skin so they stand up on their own. Reserve the hollowed out flesh in a microwave safe bowl.
- Spray sweet potato skins with coconut oil or olive oil, then season with some Flavor God seasoning and broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add remaining Flavor God seasoning to reserved sweet potato flesh and microwave until soft, about 3-5 minutes depending on how tender they were after coming out of the oven. Add almond milk and mash until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat, then add corn, jalapeño, bell pepper and garlic. Sauce until tender.
- Add corn mixture and black beans to mashed sweet potato and mix. Spoon into sweet potato skins and broil for 4-5 minutes.
- Top with Greek yogurt and green onions.