Happy Friday! Want a decadent way to get your protein in today? I’ve got you covered! S’mores in drink form, complete with 28 grams of protein.
Fair warning though – this will set you back about 300 calories…but if you’ve got the room for it, I say do it 🙂
If you’ve got some low fat or sugar-free chocolate syrup laying around the house, you could make this recipe a lot more macro friendly by using it in place of the real chocolate ganache. What can I say though, I like the real thing!
- 3/4 cup Dannon Light and Fit vanilla Greek yogurt, frozen into cubes
- 2 tbsp Cellucor Vanilla Casein protein powder
- 1 tsp Jell-O Fat Free Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4-6 large ice cubes
- 1 tsp marshmallow extract
- 1/4 low fat graham cracker, crushed
- Optional: whipped cream for on top
- 1 1/2 tbsp Guittard 63% dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp of almond milk in a narrow, microwave-safe dish in the microwave for 15-25 seconds or until it just starts to boil. Add chocolate chips and stir to melt. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add frozen yogurt, protein powder, pudding mix, almond milk, marshmallow extract, and ice cubes to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Angle a tall glass and drizzle chocolate ganache along the sides of the glass. Pour protein shake into the glass and top with crushed graham cracker and whipped cream, if desired.
Tips & Tricks
- To get the chocolate and graham cracker “rim” on your glass, double or triple the chocolate ganache recipe. Make sure you allow it to cool enough that it is not runny – I put mine into the freezer for about 5 minutes. Pour the ganache into a small bowl and dip the rim of the glass into the ganache, then sprinkle with graham cracker.
- If you don’t want to buy the marshmallow extract, you could instead add a couple of marshmallows or some marshmallow fluff to the blender.
- Casein protein powder is better than whey protein here because it makes the shake nice and creamy.