The crust is so simple but healthy and delicious…just some pecans, coconut flour, cinnamon and a little bit of McCormick Vanilla Nut and Butter extract. Easy peasy. I wiped down the inside of my pan with coconut oil and then sprinkled it with coconut flour (which is what the manufacturer told me to do) to keep the cheesecake from sticking. I’d call it about 80% successful.
- 7 tbsp pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Vanilla Butter and Nut Flavoring, can sub with vanilla extract
- Pinch cinnamon
Skinny Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli 60% Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In a food processor or nutribullet, process pecan halves with coconut flour and cinnamon until no chunks remain. Mix in vanilla butter and nut extract.
- Wipe a 7 inch springform pan with coconut oil and shake coconut flour onto oil. Press crust evenly into base of pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor or nutribullet, combine cottage cheese and Truvia until smooth. Add remaining cheesecake ingredients except caramel sauce and sea salt and pulse until smooth. Remove food processor container from mixer base and tap the base of the container to remove air bubbles.
- Pour cheesecake mix over crust and gently tap the base of the pan against a towel-covered counter to remove any remaining air bubbles (pop any that come to the surface with a toothpick).
- Place pan into a slow cooker liner, then into a larger baking dish and fill dish with water until almost even with the top of the cheesecake filling. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until center of cheesecake shows some movement but no longer jiggles like Jello.
- Allow cheesecake to cool in the water bath until water is room temperature, then remove from water bath. Refrigerate cheesecake overnight, uncovered.
- Remove cheesecake from springform pan carefully and plate. Spread caramel sauce evenly over top of cheesecake and set aside in freezer.
- Add chocolate chips to a small bowl. Bring almond milk just to the point of boiling in the microwave, about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Pour over chocolate chips and allow to sit for 1 minute, then mix until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Top cheesecake with ganache and spread evenly. Refrigerate to allow ganache to firm up (best if refrigerated overnight), then sprinkle sea salt flakes on top before serving.