I know for most people summer is winding down, or even well on it’s way out the door at this point…but it’ll still be summer in Miami for a few more months. I just bought some Tovolo popsicle molds on Amazon so I had to try them out. I know they’re pretty self explanatory, but I thought this recipe was fun when I saw it on Instagram. Just be warned though, if you get these molds, they make huge popsicles! Definitely too big for kids.
Rocky Road Popsicles
Makes 4 large pops
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Splenda packets
- 4 tbsp mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- Blend all ingredients except marshmallows and almonds.
- Add 1 tbsp marshmallows and 1/2 tbsp chopped almonds to each mold.
- Evenly pour mixture into the molds. Don’t be afraid to fill it to the top, you can see I ended up with a gap between the goodies and the drip guard.
- Top the mold with the stick and shake it around a little to get some of the marshmallows to float up.
- Freeze for a few hours and enjoy!
It would be really easy to sub some of the cocoa in this recipe with some chocolate protein powder and make a good post-workout cold treat 🙂