***Recipe updated on December 21st, 2020, photos updated on December 19th, 2021***
Happy Sunday guys! Today I’m bringing you this gorgeous (and maybe slightly indulgent) salad. It is so effing delicious and you can even make your own candied pecans to go on top.
These photos were taken before I updated the recipe to include goat cheese instead of feta (the sweetness of the goat cheese just works better here) and I had also used homemade candied pecans for the photo. You can totally still make your own, but for ease and speed of meal prepping, I’ve resorted to the store bought pecans and updated the recipe accordingly.
- 1 lb raw chicken breast
- 8 cups kale, stems trimmed and chopped, (537 grams)
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed, (325 grams)
- 1/2 cup 50% less sugar dried cranberries, (80 grams)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese, (37 grams)
- 1/3 cup Fresh Gourmet Honey Roasted Pecan Pieces, (37 grams)
- 1 tsp Flavor God Garlic Lover’s Seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Add butternut squash to a foil-lined baking sheet, then drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp Flavor God Seasoning. Toss until evenly coated, then bake for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Gently massage kale with 1 tsp olive oil. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Flavor God seasoning on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add remaining 1 tsp olive oil. Add chicken and sear for 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Divide all ingredients except pecans evenly into 4 serving bowls and toss until evenly coated with dressing. Top with honey roasted pecans before serving.