Sunday morning breakfast calls for waffles! And it actually felt like fall in San Antonio yesterday, so let’s make them Pumpkin Protein Waffles. I purposely made this batch of waffles without going all the way to the edge of the waffle maker because sometimes it’s fun to look at a ragged edged waffle, ya know? They’re fun to eat too 😉
I love how the pumpkin brings the fall flavors to these waffles, but it also keeps them nice and moist inside. Don’t forget plenty of pumpkin spice to really bring out those flavors. I topped mine off with some fresh tiger stripe figs, whipped cream, and maple syrup, of course!
Pumpkin Protein Waffles
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (60 grams)
- 2 scoops Cellucor Whipped Vanilla Whey Protein (64 grams)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (161 grams)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (1 1/2 oz)
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar (36 grams)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened (1 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I like to sub 1/2 of the vanilla with 1/2 tsp maple extract)
Pre-heat waffle iron to medium heat (I set mine to about 4).
Mix all dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1/3 of waffle batter into waffle iron, flip waffle maker to other side and repeat. Cook for about 4 minutes or until waffle is cooked through (depending on your waffle maker, it will beep when it's ready). Repeat with final waffle.
Serve waffles with whipped cream, maple syrup, and fruit, if desired.
Click here to log this food in My Fitness Pal.