What a coincidence that Cocktail Friday coincides with National Rum Day, huh?! I love a good mojito (obvi made with rum), so I put a twist on a classic one with this Passionfruit Prosecco Mojito. The passionfruit adds a tart and tangy zing beyond what just lime would, plus it has a floral note and a flavor that reminds that me of a cross between mango and pineapple. Perfectly tropical and fitting for a mojito! Some bubbly prosecco replaces the club soda and brings the bright passionfruit back down to earth. Such a delicious combo.
I strained out all the black passionfruit seeds, but you could keep them around for visual appeal if you’d like. Cheers to the weekend!
- 6 oz prosecco
- 3 oz white rum
- 2 oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 passionfruit, halved and flesh scooped out
- 8 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar, (12 grams)
- 50 mg pure Stevia, (or other favorite zero calorie sweetener – adjust amount to taste)
- Sparkling water to top off glass
- Add mint leaves, sugar and Stevia to the bottom of a shaker. Muddle until mint oils have released. Add a handful of ice, rum, and passionfruit and shake for 5-10 seconds.
- Strain mixture into a highball glass over plenty of ice and top with prosecco (and sparkling water, if needed) to top off glass. Garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges.
For my macro trackers out there, I wasn’t able to create a My Fitness Pal barcode for this recipe since I would have had to decide for you whether to put the alcohol calories in as carbs or fats – that’s up to you! The 16 grams of carbs listed here are just for the sugar/fiber in the passionfruit, lime juice, and sugar. For my non-macro trackers, here’s more info on what I’m talking about.