Happy Sunday! I really wanted to bust out my waffle maker today but didn’t really plan out a recipe before getting up this morning. So instead of getting very creative (and wasting lots of time), I just remixed my favorite pancake recipe! I subbed out some of the peanut buttery-ness from my Peanut Butter Banana Protein Pancakes with cocoa and turned them into chunky monkeys.
Because I just used unsweetened cocoa powder in place of the PB2 in the yogurt sauce that goes on top of these bad boys, it might be a little bitter for some people. If you like your pancake and waffle toppings really sweet, swap out the cocoa powder for some Cellucor Molten Chocolate whey protein. If you’re used to eating healthy, you’ll enjoy the unsweetened cocoa powder just fine.
Not So Chunky Monkey Protein Waffles
Yield: 2 waffles • Serving size: 2 waffles • Calories: 354 • Fat: 4 g • Protein: 25 g • Carbs: 58 g • Fiber: 7 g • Sugar: 25 g • Sodium: 211 mg • Cholesterol: 19 mgIngredients:
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 scoop Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow whey protein
- 2 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup mashed bananas
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk, divided
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Optional toppings: chopped peanuts and chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, cocoa powder, 1 tbsp almond milk and yogurt. Set aside.
- In a food processor or Nutribullet, mill the oats until they form a fine powder.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, protein powder, PB2, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix in mashed bananas, egg white, vanilla extract and 1 tbsp almond milk. Add some chocolate chips if desired (not included in nutrition facts).
- Heat a waffle maker and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon waffle mixture onto maker and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top pancakes with cocoa yogurt sauce and serve. Add peanuts and chocolate chips if desired.
I highly recommend adding the chopped peanuts on top of your waffles! It adds a perfect crunchiness to these waffles and makes them that much more like a true Chunky Monkey. Plus they look pretty. I personally picked off all the chocolate chips because they don’t fit my macros for today, but they look pretty too.
Leave a Comment