Hey everybody! Since I’ve been really terrible at posting lately, I need to play catch up on recipes and meal prep…so here’s my meal prep from last week. I decided to up my carbs and total calories recently, so you’ll see some more complex carbs in my prep here. So far so good – I feel like I have more energy in the gym. Now if only I can get my muscles to grow 🙂
The feature recipe on this prep is Turkey Spinach Meatloaf – easy to whip up and quite tasty. It’s got a nice zesty flavor. Don’t ask me to explain, because really it’s just a feeling. Can you tell I’m tired? Next picture please…
I chopped up and sautéed all the veggies before sticking them in the meatloaf. Make sure you drain them before mixing them in to the loaf, otherwise it won’t stick together as well.
Recipes and nutrition info for all the other stuff pictured are included below! Get your Quest bars here – they’re a great high protein snack with hardly any added sugar.
Turkey Spinach Meatloaf
Servings: 5 • Calories per serving: 234 • Fat: 6 g • Protein: 30 g • Carbs: 16 g • Fiber: 1 g • Sugar: 5 g • Sodium: 315 mg • Cholesterol: 97 mg
- 20 oz extra lean (99%) ground turkey
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup no salt added ketchup, divided
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Flavor God Everything seasoning
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper and sauce until fragrant. Add baby spinach, mixing with veggies until wilted. Drain before adding to large bowl.
- Mix with all remaining ingredients except for 3 tbsp of ketchup in a large bowl.
- Spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add turkey mixture and push down into pan evenly. Top with remaining ketchup.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approx. 1 hr or until a thermometer inserted into the middle reaches a minimum of 165 degrees.
- Serve with: 1/2 small sweet potato (brush with olive oil and seasonings, bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 mins) and 1/2 cup steamed green peas.
- Total macros: Calories : 373 • Fat: 6 g • Protein: 36 g • Carbs: 44 g • Fiber: 8 g • Sugar: 13 g • Sodium: 559 mg • Cholesterol: 97 mg
Tuna Wraps with Spinach
Servings: 5 • Calories per serving: 206 • Fat: 4 g • Protein: 31 g • Carbs: 20 g • Fiber: 10 g • Sugar: 2 g • Sodium: 441 mg • Cholesterol: 14 mg
- Two 12 oz cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 5 Flat Out Light wraps
- 6 oz plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/4 of a medium avocado (adds 80 cals, 7 g fat, 1 g protein, 4 g carbs, 3 g fiber, <1 g sugar, 3 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol)
- Directions: Combine tuna, Greek yogurt, onion, celery, salt and pepper. Serve on top of wraps with spinach and avocado. I served mine with 1/2 cup of grapes.
Chicken breast with Rainbow Quinoa and Steamed Green Beans
Servings: 4 • Calories per serving: 196 • Fat: 3 g • Protein: 26 g • Carbs: 15 g • Fiber: 2 g • Sugar: 2 g • Sodium: 82 mg • Cholesterol: 65 mg
- 16 oz chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup dry Organic Royal Rainbow Quinoa
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- Cook quinoa according to package directions (for added flavor use sodium free chicken broth as liquid) and divide evenly among 4 containers.
- Steam green beans in bag or place in microwave safe bowl and cover with damp paper towel, microwave for 2-3 minutes until tender and bright green, then divide evenly among 4 containers.
- Heat approx. 1 tsp of olive oil over medium high heat, then add chicken and season with Flavor God Garlic Lover’s Seasoning. Cook through and divide among 4 containers.
Containers that you see here:
- Rubbermaid TakeAlongs (square containers)
- Ziploc Twist ‘N Loc (holding the tuna)
- Sterilite Ultra Latch Locking Container (rectangular with red tabs)
- Tupperware FridgeSmart (holding the grapes and keeping them fresh!)
- Old peanut butter jars for the overnight oats